- Fool of the Week: Honey Boo Boo's Mama June 10/24/2014TLC just canceled “Here comes Honey Boo Boo” amid a sex scandal.
- 'Thank you, heavenly Father': Faith, Alzheimer's and my husband Glen Campbell 10/24/2014My husband, Glen Campbell, has stage 6 Alzheimer’s. In March of 2014, at the recommendation of his doctors, we placed him in a memory care facility close to our home in Nashville.
- 'Law & Order' star, NFL, men's group join to say 'No More' to domestic violence 10/24/2014This week saw a group of powerful men step forward: NFL players, current and former, saying NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault in a series of groundbreaking new PSAs.
- How faith brought Jackie Robinson to the big leagues 10/24/2014I’ve uncovered evidence that Rickey, in 1945, had second thoughts about whether he could really go through with signing the first African-American player amid intense pressure from baseball’s white executives and team owners not to do it.
- Ron Klain for czar: Obama seems determined to turn even Ebola into a political fight 10/23/2014On Wednesday, the CDC finally announced a program to monitor those entering the country from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa. Shouldn't we have been doing this all along?
- Fool of the Week: Honey Boo Boo's Mama June 10/24/2014
Daily Archives: 03/30/2012
Terminator and Terminatee Al “Chakra” Gore Fires Keith Olbermann Too bad for Keith. The only thing between him and spinning Oldies on a 5-Watt station in Ohio was the perv madman in the front office. Replacing Olbermann with Spitzer to … Continue reading
Or Angels of Death? Anders Sandburg, the “serious philosopher” from Oxford says he/they “might not” be entirely serious about the proposals. Seems to me that a serious philosopher” would turn a thought to the philosophical and ethical questions of human … Continue reading
IT WORKS! 11 States Ask Supreme Court to Stop Other States From Enforcing Immigration Laws. These 11 Refuse to Deter Illegal Immigration But Say Tough Enforcement Elsewhere Is Pushing Too Many Illegal Aliens Into Their States. The political leaders of … Continue reading
The Black Panthers’ Memory Lane I was living in Connecticut when Alex Rackley’s tortured body was pulled from the Coginchaug in Middlefield. I’d driven by the spot on my way down the back roads to Guilford, a few days … Continue reading