Oh no! Obama violated the law freeing Bergdahl.
President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday. [snip]
FBI chief does some excellent sleuthing on ISIS.
Islamic State extremists who executed journalist James Foley are "savages" who must be brought to justice, said FBI Director James Comey, whose agents are directly involved in the investigation into the killing.
Romney finally figures out how bad Obama is.
Mitt Romney: Obama worse than even I expected
Mitt Romney said Tuesday that the problems inflicted by President Obama’s policies are even worse than he predicted during the 2012 presidential campaign.
More foreign workers, Hi and Low tech to fill low pay for big business.
According to a Politico report, senior White House aides earlier this month met with "more than a dozen business groups and company officials to discuss potential immigration policy changes they could make." According to the outlet, "Oracle, Cisco, Fwd.US, Microsoft, Accenture, Compete America, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce" were represented at the meeting.
Fry them while they fly
Workers at a state-of-the-art solar plant in the Mojave Desert have a name for birds that fly through the plant's concentrated sun rays — "streamers," for the smoke plume that comes from birds that ignite in midair
- Russian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine After "intolerable" Delays 08/22/2014A Russian aid convoy was on the move into eastern Ukraine on Friday morning after being held up on the Ukrainian border for days, in what Russia's foreign ministry described as "intolerable" delays.
- Coal gas boom in China threatens to spew greenhouse gases as world tries to curb emissions 08/22/2014Deep in the hilly grasslands of remote Inner Mongolia, twin smoke stacks rise more than 200 feet into the sky, their steam and sulfur billowing over herds of sheep and cattle.
- Husband: Utah woman who unknowingly drank lye-tainted tea has nightmares reliving moment 08/22/2014A woman who was in critical condition after unknowingly sipping sweetened iced tea laced with a chemical found in drain cleaner has been steadily improving, but her husband says she's having nightmares about the moment that nearly killed her.
- Jell-O's revitalization efforts turn out to be a big flop 08/22/2014Jell-O has lost its jiggle and nobody knows how to fix it.
- In Ferguson fallout, calls grow for police to wear 'body cameras' _ but with caveats 08/22/2014What if Michael Brown's last moments had been recorded? The fatal police shooting of the unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri is prompting calls for more officers to wear so-called "body cameras," simple, lapel-mounted gadgets that capture video footage of law enforcement's interactions with the public.
- Russian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine After "intolerable" Delays 08/22/2014
Daily Archives: 03/30/2012
Terminator and Terminatee Al “Chakra” Gore Fires Keith Olbermann Too bad for Keith. The only thing between him and spinning Oldies on a 5-Watt station in Ohio was the perv madman in the front office. Replacing Olbermann with Spitzer to … Continue reading
Or Angels of Death? Anders Sandburg, the “serious philosopher” from Oxford says he/they “might not” be entirely serious about the proposals. Seems to me that a serious philosopher” would turn a thought to the philosophical and ethical questions of human … Continue reading
IT WORKS! 11 States Ask Supreme Court to Stop Other States From Enforcing Immigration Laws. These 11 Refuse to Deter Illegal Immigration But Say Tough Enforcement Elsewhere Is Pushing Too Many Illegal Aliens Into Their States. The political leaders of … Continue reading
The Black Panthers’ Memory Lane I was living in Connecticut when Alex Rackley’s tortured body was pulled from the Coginchaug in Middlefield. I’d driven by the spot on my way down the back roads to Guilford, a few days … Continue reading