- Dunkin' tops 3Q earnings expectations, misses revenue forecasts 10/23/2014Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. (DNKN) on Thursday reported third-quarter profit of $54.7 million.
- Swedish government ups taxes, spending on welfare, military 10/23/2014Sweden's left-leaning government has proposed raising taxes and welfare benefits and boosting military spending in its first budget bill since taking office after last month's election.
- Applications for US jobless aid likely rose last week, but would remain near historic lows 10/23/2014The U.S. Labor Department reports on the number of people who applied for unemployment benefits last week.
- Anti-corruption group: several G-20 nations making little or no effort to enforce bribe rules 10/23/2014An anti-corruption watchdog says that several of the Group of 20 global economic powers are making little or no effort to enforce rules barring multinational companies from paying bribes abroad, and only Canada has improved significantly in the past year.
- Examples of ballot initiatives with corporate cash behind them 10/23/2014Large companies and national advocacy groups are putting millions of dollars in ads behind ballot measures this year, from questions about oil companies' profits in Alaska to recreational marijuana in Florida, according to an analysis of advertising data released Thursday from the Center for Public Integrity.
- Dunkin' tops 3Q earnings expectations, misses revenue forecasts 10/23/2014
Daily Archives: 03/30/2012
Terminator and Terminatee Al “Chakra” Gore Fires Keith Olbermann Too bad for Keith. The only thing between him and spinning Oldies on a 5-Watt station in Ohio was the perv madman in the front office. Replacing Olbermann with Spitzer to … Continue reading
Or Angels of Death? Anders Sandburg, the “serious philosopher” from Oxford says he/they “might not” be entirely serious about the proposals. Seems to me that a serious philosopher” would turn a thought to the philosophical and ethical questions of human … Continue reading
IT WORKS! 11 States Ask Supreme Court to Stop Other States From Enforcing Immigration Laws. These 11 Refuse to Deter Illegal Immigration But Say Tough Enforcement Elsewhere Is Pushing Too Many Illegal Aliens Into Their States. The political leaders of … Continue reading
The Black Panthers’ Memory Lane I was living in Connecticut when Alex Rackley’s tortured body was pulled from the Coginchaug in Middlefield. I’d driven by the spot on my way down the back roads to Guilford, a few days … Continue reading