- Shame, the barrier between decency and depravity, is MIA in the USA 09/20/2014“Of course you should shame your children,” I replied. “That is your job, as a responsible parent. Shame is one of our most useful tools! Shame is the barrier between decency and depravity in a moral society.”
- Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson cases: NFL abuse scandals are an opportunity 09/20/2014Roger Goodell continues to play defense in a public relations nightmare that demands a good and constructive offense. Instead of defending weak policies and now, belatedly, promising harsher penalties, the NFL should lead the way in a vigorous public campaign to educate Americans that abuse of women and children is not just illegal, but wrong.
- Fool of the Week: Kanye West 09/19/2014Kanye West is a “fool.” That’s not breaking news, but this week, Mr Kardashian earned the "Fool of the week" title -- Kanye style.
- Innovation: What American education needs more than anything 09/19/2014Rather than tinker with our education system we should be encouraging radical experimentation. We should not be reluctant to toss the existing rules to the curb in search for a new way of doing things.
- Hey, Martha, don't become part of the 'War on Women' -- Gwyneth's Goop is a good thing 09/19/2014With the world burning all around us, let's stop the "War on Women" from within by supporting Gwyneth's delicious efforts on her “Goop” website as "a good thing."
- Shame, the barrier between decency and depravity, is MIA in the USA 09/20/2014
GOP tries the Dem way
Looks like Boehner is worried about the leadership position.
A new congressional delegation will bring a new vote for leadership. With Democrats needing a miracle to gain a few seats, much less actually take the House, Republicans are close to a sure bet to be in control come November. That'll mean elections, and elections means a John Boehner who needs to have the support of his caucus.
Do you think they're on traffic patrol?
Two Afghan nationals training with the Drug Enforcement Agency disappeared while visiting Georgetown over the weekend, and authorities still do not know their whereabouts.
Polls moving the wrong way thanks to the Bamster.
National - Let's start with the latest New York Times/CBS News poll, which speaks to the national 'fundamentals' of the 2014 cycle. Jackasses, read it and weep!
Pelosi can't tell what's happening in Country any more; she's lost in a mental fog.
Nancy Pelosi: Civilization ‘In Jeopardy’ If GOP Takes Senate
On the one hand, California U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi claims that Democrats are not “fear-mongers;” on the other hand, she believes civilization is doomed if Republicans take control of the Senate from Democrats in November.
Lets hope they wear their plastic shoes and hemp shorts to help Gaia.
Later this month, activists are planning a march in New York City for “global warming awareness,” even though the northern U.S. is reeling from record cold temperatures.
Called the “largest climate march in history” by organizers, the “People’s Climate March” will occur on Sept. 21st, a few days before the United Nations will attempt to draft a “global warming” treaty on the same level as the controversial Kyoto Protocol.
Daily Archives: 03/30/2012
Terminator and Terminatee Al “Chakra” Gore Fires Keith Olbermann Too bad for Keith. The only thing between him and spinning Oldies on a 5-Watt station in Ohio was the perv madman in the front office. Replacing Olbermann with Spitzer to … Continue reading
Or Angels of Death? Anders Sandburg, the “serious philosopher” from Oxford says he/they “might not” be entirely serious about the proposals. Seems to me that a serious philosopher” would turn a thought to the philosophical and ethical questions of human … Continue reading
IT WORKS! 11 States Ask Supreme Court to Stop Other States From Enforcing Immigration Laws. These 11 Refuse to Deter Illegal Immigration But Say Tough Enforcement Elsewhere Is Pushing Too Many Illegal Aliens Into Their States. The political leaders of … Continue reading
The Black Panthers’ Memory Lane I was living in Connecticut when Alex Rackley’s tortured body was pulled from the Coginchaug in Middlefield. I’d driven by the spot on my way down the back roads to Guilford, a few days … Continue reading